St. Louis and I have a love/ hate relationship. I grew with St. Louis. I’ve become quite comfortable with St. Louis. Sometimes I trust St. Louis, but only sometimes. Sometimes I think St. Louis is a dirty little piece of poop that I can’t wait to get away from. For the most part, I respect St. Louis. Sometimes I think St. Louis is really dumb and can make better decisions. Sounds like your average relationship, right? Well, in any relationship I’m in, I make a mixed CD to let them know how I feel. It’s no different with St. Louis. This one’s to you.
Here’s the full playlist.
1. Ridin’ with St. Louis Tonight – Sleepy Kitty
2. California Zephyr – Jay Farrar and Benjamin Gibbard
3. Suffocation – Against Me!
4. The City is at War – Cobra Starship
5. City – Hollywood Undead
6. Wrong Side of the Bed – Sean Rowe
7. Up All Night – Blink-182
8. City Love – John Mayer
9. The City has Sex – Bright Eyes
10. Capitol City – Wilco
11. King of the Gutters, Prince of the Dogs – Murder by Death
My favorite song on this playlist is “Ridin’ With St. Louis Tonight” which reps the fun-loving aspect of our relationship. “Suffocation” depicts the… well, suffocating side of being with St. Louis. “City Love” is the romance. “King of the Gutters, Prince of the Dogs” shows the struggles and not so fancy life.
St. Louis and I have a love/ hate relationship. This is my ode to STL.