Organizations I’ve been published in and worked with:
Gremlin Social: Customer Success Manager
Gremlin Social provides a full social media marketing suite to help create social strategies and content, maximize ROI, take control of your brand, and stay compliant.
• Work directly with Enterprise clients to assess their team structure and needs in social media
• Create social media content strategies with clients and assist them through use of the Gremlin tool
• Lead social and digital measurement that helps clients understand best practices and success in social media
• Assist clients through the onboarding process of the Gremlin Social suite
• Communicate directly with our teams for system feedback and issues, and track the clients success
Carondelete Park Rec Complex YMCA: Marketing and Community Outreach Coordinator
As the Marketing & Community Outreach Coordinator for the Carondelet Park Rec Complex, I managed a variety of tasks related to content creation, marketing, event planning, and onboarding volunteers.
• Assist in marketing campaigns for daily marketing requests of branch including but not limited to email campaigns, newsletters, event promotion, fundraising campaigns, rebranding and website development
• Create content calendars and manage social media profiles
• Organize events and assist in marketing campaigns for annual fundraising campaigns
• Partner with community organizations and leaders for community outreach efforts
• Recruit, onboard, and train volunteers for position openings and event needs
602 Communications: Marketing Associate
602 Communications is a marketing research and consulting company. My role as the marketing associate for the president of the company, Graeme Newell, was to assist with copy editing, blogging, content marketing, video editing and other additional tasks as they arose.
• Assist in development of website content
• Copy edit blog posts
• Create social media content
• Edit video content
• Create PR materials for conferences and other speaking events
Nine Network: Social Media & Production Assistant Intern for Stay Tuned
Nine Network is St. Louis’s PBS affiliate. My role was the Production Associate Intern, and I worked mostly with the weekly local show Stay Tuned. The show talks in-depth about one topic a week using Facebook, Twitter and Google Hangouts. I assisted in developing multimedia news and feature content for the show and website. I worked directly with the Digital Strategist, and learned how to engage audiences via social media.
• Content creation for weekly show “Stay Tuned”
• Prep, production and post-production for the show
• Engage on show’s social media profiles to increase conversations in the community
• Write, shoot and edit for multi-media packages
• Create social media content for Nine Network’s profiles
Ampersand: Profile Section Editor
Ampersand is Webster University’s student magazine, and is award-winning for design. I worked as a staff writer and as profiles editor. I wrote articles, created layout and managed those who wrote for my section.
• Plan the layout of the section
• Copy edit stories
• Manage all photographers, layout designers, and writers
Fox2Now: Web Development Intern
FOX2Now.com is St. Louis’s Fox affiliate. In the summer of 2012, I was afforded the opportunity to be a web intern for the station, KTVI/KPLR. In my time there I was able to write articles to be published on fox2now.com as well as create photo galleries and videos.
• Write, shoot and produce content for the station’s websites
• Create independent online projects
• Research and conduct interviews for reporters
• Assist Social Media Manager on social content calendars and analytics of social profiles
• Pitch and research news stories and online activity to producers and reporters
The Journal: City Editor
The Journal is Webster University’s award winning student newspaper and website. I’ve been a staff writer and a city news editor for the publication. The job calls for writing for print, online, taking photos, creating videos and other multimedia, and creating layout. For my work with The Journal, I’ve won 1st place in multimedia, 2nd place in multimedia and 2nd place in feature writing at the Missouri Collegiate Media Association.
• Generate and assign local stories to reporters
• Plan and create the layout of the section
• Edit and give feedback on stories
• Manage all photographers, layout designers and writers